Brunch Madness in London

Sunday, February 28, 2010 at 1:46 PM

Yep, you heard that right. On my last trip to London, my friends and I planned to have a quick brunch on Sunday before I headed back home to Manchester. We ended up having two meals at two different restaurants in less than 2 hours time. We went out at 10am-ish in the hope of eating some dim sum. But the restaurant will not be open till 11am. Then, we went to a nearby cafe for breakfast and wait for the time to pass.


Waffle House

Sunday Morning

Thern's Hot Chocolate priced at £2.50

He said it's not that good. He can actually taste the chocolate powder. Yikes!


Waffle with Nutella (£3.65)

Milk Chocolate Waffle (£3.65)

To me, both the waffles tasted great. Nutella, as usual, got a hint of hazlenut and the milk chocolate one was sweet and creamy. I think the waffles are freshly baked and I like the fact that it got just the right amount of crunchiness. 

Once the clock ticked 11am, we went down the road to have dim sum at Kam Tong restaurant. We were its first customers of the day. So, no hustle and bustle yet. But it took a long time for the food to arrive. I guess it's because the food is still not fully prepared yet. 

Took the pic while waiting.

Usual pot of tea that costs £1 for each person

Usual condiments which was good.

Minced Pork Dumplings (£2.6o)

Glutinous Rice Wrapped in Lotus Leaves (£2.90)

Freshly baked milk and egg tart (£2.30)


Fried Dough Cheong Fun (£2.80)


Kam Tong Special Cheung Fun (£3) with scallops, prawns and roast pork


The dim sum were average on the whole. Nothing special in particular. The glutinous rice was not bad although the ingredients used were too little in my opinion. The egg tarts were a tad too sweet for my liking. Though I must say I like the tarts' flaky crust. The fried dough cheong fun was a unique dish with a very distinct texture. Total summed up to £18.70 including 12% service charge. I went home feeling full and happy. And I enjoyed my bus ride back to Manchester although it was 5 hours long. All thanks to a hilariously addictive book.  I was in awe of how much similarities I have with its main character which I shall not share in depth here. xp Sorry for the lack of addresses of these two restaurants as I was kinda rushing to the coach station. Both of them are situated along the Bayswater tube station. Thank God I made it to Victoria Coach Station in the nick of time. 

0 comments

Post a Comment

AsterRuby | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com