Patisserie Valerie, London

Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 12:22 PM
     The first day I was in London, my Chinese friend, Lisa, recommended us to have dinner in Patisserie Valerie nearby Covent Garden. It is a cosy little shop with very lovely decorations in it. And the cafe has an European feel to it. When we got there, we had to wait for nearly 30 minutes to be seated. And I think it's not worth it if you just want to try their cakes and pastries. Why? Because take away is cheaper and you pratically dont need to wait to be served. (Well, I didnt know that. I have learnt my lesson. XD)



The outside view


The menu


The cake display


Artsy Deco


Plentiful of pastries like quiches and scones at the counter


Another artsy piece


Berry Mousse (GBP 3.75)

I had a bite and didnt really like the mousse. I thought it's a little too hardened to be called mousse. My pick was Double Choc (GBP 3.75). This was sinfully delicious and I enjoyed every bite.


I'm salivating now just by looking at it.


The cake was soft and had a rich chocolatey taste.


The cream puff on top of the cake.




Fruit Scone (GBP 2.25)

I also had this plate of scones which I thought it's a little bit expensive for just two miserable pieces without butter and jam as stated in the menu. Nonetheless, I still like the scone just the way it is. It was soft, buttery as well as fragrant and baked to perfection. The raisins in the scones did not overpower the original taste of the scones too. The scones tasted just as good without the butter and jam!



Selva (GBP 3.75)


Strawberry Slice (GBP 3.75)

Nothing to shout about these two pieces of cake. Just the ordinary strawberry taste. Or is it because I dont really fancy strawberry cakes?

Total bill rounded up to 21 pounds for all the desserts above. Besides pastries and things alike, the cafe also has an extensive menu on continental breakfast, brunch, lunch, grilled sandwiches and much more. There are 20 branches around the UK but most of them are located at London or south England. I will definitely come back for more.



Patisserie Valerie
15 Bedford Street,
Covent Garden,
London WC2E 9HE
Tel: 0207 379 6428
http://www.patisserie-valerie.co.uk/



0 comments

Post a Comment

AsterRuby | Powered by Blogger | Entries (RSS) | Comments (RSS) | Designed by MB Web Design | XML Coded By Cahayabiru.com